Couperose skin needs special care and special products. Their composition should be based on substances that strengthen the walls of blood vessels and enhance the skin’s functioning. What should the best products for couperose skin be made out of exactly?
The best ingredients for couperose skin care
Products for this skin type are designed so as to reinforce capillaries and prevent the occurence of spider veins and redness. Such products should have a nourishing, protective and repairing effect. What ingredients should they contain then? The most important substances include:
- Witch hazel – it has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect, stimulates blood flow and strengthens walls of blood vessels; it has repairing and purifying properties.
- Algae – it is rich in vitamins and minerals, has a nourishing, soothing and hydrating effect.
- Common yarrow – it contains flavonoids, tannin and zinc, prevents inflammation, strengthens and seals walls of blood vessels.
- Mountain arnica – it reinforces capillaries, soothes swelling and reduces pain, kills bacteria and speeds up skin healing process.
- Horse chestnut – increases blood flow in blood vessels and strengthens their walls.
- Pot marigold – holds back inflammation, makes cuts heal faster, prevents broken capillaries.
- Lactobionic acid – a strong antioxidant, heads wrinkles off, strengthens skin-repair process, shields from UV radiation.
- Rutin – reinforces walls of blood vessels.
- Vitamin K – affects the blood coagulability, makes spider veins less visible.
- Vitamin C – seals and strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
What causes harm to couperose skin?
If your skin is couperose, beware of:
- changes of temperature.
- stressful situations.
- chlorinated and hard water.
- the sunlight and sunbeds.
- hot baths, steam rooms, sauna.
- freezing weather, wind.
- strongly exfoliating and dehydrating products.
- spicy seasoning and hot meals.
How do you know you have couperose skin?
Couperose-prone skin is easily indicated by broken capillaries that look like spiders. This skin type is extremely sensitive and reacts to various outside factors. The blemishes may appear e.g. due to overproduction of estrogen or during monthly period. Note: broken capillaries may develop into rosacea.